Cold Fire Aerosol Fire Suppressant Spray | 12 oz Spray Can
Cold Fire® Aerosol Spray is a convenient and easy to use fire suppressant in a can. The Aerosol can of Cold Fire was especially designed to extinguish flames and cool down hot surfaces rapidly. Cold Fire Aerosol is extremely portable and can be kept in your car, home, etc. Cold Fire Aerosol is an excellent tool for all trade applications, which use open flame (plumbers, welders, roofers, etc.) and can be used as a pre-spray to aid in prevention of fires. The Cold Fire® Aerosol Spray is a unique spray can that is solely powered by air and sprays in any direction, even upside down! Cold Fire Aerosol is lightweight and easy to handle.
Cold Fire Aerosol Extinguishing Spray Features and Applications:
- Rapidly Cools Down Any Hot Surface in Seconds!
- Extinguishes Flames
- Pre-Spray Areas to Help Prevent the Possibility of Hidden Fires.
- Machine and Mechanic Shops – Cools Down Metals.
- Pre-Spray Sheet Metal Before Brazing – Helps Prevent Distortion.
- Cool Down Hot Cooking Surfaces.
- Keep Handy in Your Car, Workshop, Kitchen and Garage.
- Can Easily Be Carried on a Tool Belt or in a Tool Box.
- Easy To Use
- Conveniently Sized Spray Can.
- Easy to Store.
- Quick and Easy to Use.
- Leaves No Messy Residue.Perfect for Use in Hard-to Reach Places
- Sprays Upside Down!
- Environmentally Safe
- No Fumes or Noxious Odors!
- Safe, Non-Toxic, Non-Corrosive and Biodegradable.
- Powered by Ordinary Air!
- Harmless to Children and Pets!
What is Cold Fire?
Cold Fire® is an environmentally friendly fire extinguishing agent that puts out fire faster, safer, with less water, less damage to property, and less risk to firefighters. Cold Fire cools 21 times faster than water, and works to remove heat and the fuel sources from the fire tetrahedron, preventing re-ignition. Cold Fire is completely ‘green’ and non-toxic, Cold Fire puts out Class A,B, D & K fires, hydrocarbons or polar solvents, as well as metals, tires, asphalt and more. Cold Fire also suppresses vapors and helps to remediate spills. UL Classified, 2N75.
Cold Fire® is a new environmentally friendly, fire suppressing agent, leading the way in fire suppressing technology and revolutionizing the way firefighters combat fires. Cold Fire® gets its name from its extraordinary ability to remove extreme heat from any object (metal, wood, rubber, etc.) with which it comes in contact. The suppressants in Cold Fire ® are encapsulators that use water as a catalyst to remove heat and fuel from a fire more rapidly. Cold Fire® extinguishes on contact, prevents re-ignition when properly applied, and absorbs hydrocarbon smoke. The unique encapsulation characteristic also helps to minimize possible ignition of flammable liquids.
Cold Fire’s unique plant based formulation is considered to be 10 times more penetrable than water alone. This extraordinary characteristic enables Cold Fire® to penetrate a heated surface and/or fuel source 10 times faster than water. Once the product has penetrated the surface, Cold Fire® works to encapsulate the heat and fuel source. By encapsulating the fuel source, Cold Fire® simultaneously encapsulates the fuels vapors preventing re-ignition. As Cold Fire® penetrates the surface it safely cools the area under its flashpoint without steam conversion.
Cold Fire Features:
- Non-Toxic, Environmentally Friendly
- Prevents Re-Ignition Removes Heat
- Encapsulates Fuel Source
- Reduces Hydrocarbon Smoke
- Offers extraordinary firefighting and life-saving capabilities
- UL listed Wetting Agent for Class A and B fires. UL-2N75 Listing #.
- EPA-SNAP (Significantly New Alternative Policy) Program listed.
- Non-Corrosive. Can be dumped into a booster tank without threat of corrosion. You do not need to flush out your lines after using Cold Fire®
as you do with most foams.
- 100% soluble in water. It will not separate in a booster tank.
- Shelf life is indefinite as long as it is stored in a closed container.
- Reduces the density of hydrocarbon smoke, increasing visibility and enabling easier breathing.
- Rapid Cooling Effect, preventing re-ignition when property applied.
- Unique thermal insulation quality helps protect fire fighters and helps prevent again heat exhaustion. Keeps you cooler!
- Considered an acceptable substitute for toxic foams and halon.
- Will extinguish Class A, B and/or D fires.
- Enhances the penetration capability of water, extinguishing the fire faster using less water, and thereby reducing water damage.
- Possesses cleaning properties; thereby reducing the amount of damage caused by hydrocarbon smoke
How Does Cold Fire Work?
Cold Fire® is mixed with water to fight fires. Mixed at given percentages depending on the type of combustibles involved, Cold Fire® becomes 6 times thinner than water (see official UL testing results). This unique characteristic enables Cold Fire® to fully penetrate the fuel source and attack the heat on contact, cooling down the surface almost immediately. Cold Fire® also acts like a magnet to pull the heat out from the fuel source. Water alone cannot penetrate the fuel source as effectively, so as a result when water hits the fuel source it actually bounces back and turns to steam. Similarly, Cold Fire® also acts like a magnet when it comes to reducing hydrocarbons in the smoke. Cold Fire® actually attracts and draws in the smoke; thereby encapsulating it and breaking down the hydrocarbon molecules, resulting in better visibility.
Cold Fire Applications:
- Bulk applications
- Portable extinguishers
- On-board racing systems
- Closed loop/sprinkler systems
- Hand held aerosol spray for small spot fire and trade applications
Cold Fire® is most commonly used in bulk applications, however, Cold Fire® can also be used in its aerosol or pump spray application to pre-spray an area or surface prior to using a torch to help prevent the possibility of a hidden fire. When Cold Fire is sprayed onto a surface, it deeply penetrates and safeguards that surface from fire. When heat is applied, the product works to encapsulate the heat source, thereby helping to prevent heat damage and possible fire. Click here for Cold Fire in a 32 oz concentrated refill for extinguishers. For larger bulk applications, Cold Fire is also available in 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon drums and 275 gallon totes: Call 318-313-9381 or email Customer Service for more information.
Cold Fire technical credentials
UL Listed Wetting Agent for Class A & B Fires.
UL 162 applicable portions of the Standard for Foam Equipment and Liquid Concentrates
UL 711 for Class B fires.
Listing #2N75 -Tested in accordance with NFPA 18 Standard for Wetting Agents
C-UL listed. File #: Cex1225. Investigated and found to be in compliance with the requirements under ULC Subj. C175.
Cold Fire® is registered by the Environmental Protection Agency on their SNAP (Significantly New Alternative Products) Program Vendor List. Cold Fire® has been classified by the US EPA under: “Surfactant Blend A.” Cold Fire® is approved by the US EPA as a substitute for Halon 1211.
Cold Fire International Credentials
Cold Fire has been certified by the Instituto Del Fuego, a private Chilean testing laboratory under Chilean Norm DS44 for Class A, B, C, K fires.
SCD-18798 DS44 B: Cesmec laboratory (Bureau Veritas) certification for fire class B under the Chilean Norm DS44 for Cold Fire Professional Extinguishers.
SCD-18799 DS44 A: Cesmec laboratory (Bureau Veritas) certification for fire class A under the Chilean Norm DS44 for Cold Fire Professional Extinguishers.
SCD-18800 DS44 K: Cesmec laboratory (Bureau Veritas) certification for fire class K under the Chilean Norm DS44 for Cold Fire Professional Extinguishers.
SCD-18876 DS44 C: Cesmec laboratory (Bureau Veritas) certification for fire class C under the Chilean Norm DS44 for Cold Fire Professional Extinguishers.